- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ pound organic lean ground chicken, or turkey ( i used chicken)
- 1 small can organic, no-salt tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken or beef stock (homemade or organic, no-sodium store bought)
- 2 cups whole grain pasta, or even better, Ronzoni Garden Delight vegetable noodles (see picture below)
- 2 leaves fresh basil (optional)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
I cooked the noodles first. I actually cooked them longer than the suggested 8 minutes. I wanted them extra soft for Finn to be able to eat using his only 2 teeth. The veggie pasta I used is spiral form. I crunched them up into baby bite size pieces before I cooked them.
Then, brown your organic chicken in the olive oil over medium heat. While that is browning, dice up your vegetables in very small pieces. You don't want them so small that little hands can't pick them up, but you want them small enough not to choke.
Once your chicken is completely done cooking, add your veggies and cook them until tender. Add the tomato paste and stock and simmer for as long as you'd like...at least 20 minutes. Add your basil and you are done! Top with parmesean cheese and once it has cooled, let your baby dig in!
Finn loved it. His cheeks loved it. His chin loved it. His eyebrows loved it.