Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baby Westover has arrived!

After 10 months of carrying little Finn around in my tummy, he made is debut on September 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm.


My doctor and I decided to induce so I checked into Brookwood Hospital at 6:30 am. Dr. Barron broke my water and started me on the Pitocin, which quickly introduced me to a "real" contraction. I thought I had been having contractions for the last week or so, but realized those were Braxton Hicks contractions once I felt the real thing.

I waited until around 10 and then was introduced to a mighty nice man, Dr. Nag. He gave me not only one epidural, but 2 epidurals and I didn't feel a thing. He is my new best friend :) He was that day anyway.

9 hours later, I was only 5 1/2 centimeters dilated so it was agreed that a C-section was the way to go. This made me somewhat nervous because I had not read up on C-sections. I had researched vaginal deliveries like a crazy woman, and me being one who hates not being in control, got a little nervous as they wheeled me down the hallway to the operation room.

Well, less than 30 minutes later, I was introduced to the most beautiul creature I've ever seen. I instantly fell in love.
I can't really describe how it felt when the nurse put him in my arms. Yes, it was instant love, but it was a different love than I've ever felt before. Having him in my tummy was a miracle, but having him in my arms is indescribably perfect.
I am so blessed. I have the most perfect husband, who I thank God for every night. And together we made the perfect little person. It makes me get goose bumps and I tear up just thinking about how happy I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment